iTunes Doodad lets you instantly switch playlists, skip tracks, or
pause iTunes, all without using the iTunes interface, or bringing up a
pokey Dashboard widget.
It installs itself as a tiny icon in the System Bar (up there next
to your clock) and acts as a remote control for iTunes.
There are several preferences: choose which playlist types to display
(Library, Smart Playlists, User Playlists, Podcasts, Purchased, Videos),
and sort all of your playlists alphabetically (you'd think iTunes would
let you do this, but it won't...), some other stuff, too.
Click here to download the latest
version of iTunes Doodad (1.2.1, Universal Binary)
If you are unable to download iTunes Doodad using the above link,
try this one instead.
If you've got a Mac running OS X version 10.2 (or higher), you should
What's New In This Version
For previous version information, download the app and see the Read Me.
- - Fixed a library linking bug that prevented the Doodad from running on just about everyone's computer.
- - The Doodad is now a Universal Binary, so it runs natively on PowerPC and Intel Macs
- - Fixed display of international characters in playlist names
- - Updates to include Podcasts, Videos, and Purchased items
This software is distributed as Postcardware. That means you are
free to use and distribute this application as you wish. However, if
you like it, you must send me a postcard. I make no money working on
this little app, but I enjoy knowing that people out there are using
this damn thing. So please take a minute and send me a postcard. Your
karma points will almost certainly increase as a result. :)
PO Box 30016
Other Stuff That's Not Quite As Interesting
iTunes Doodad is an OS X application that runs on PowerPC or Intel
(Universal Binary). It was written in Objective-C and AppleScript, and was
written by me.
Extra special thanks to Tyrvald Designs (www.tyrvald.com) for contributing the
flashy icon and logo.
Here are some real-life responses sent in by users of iTunes Doodad.
- - I love the doodad. It's brilliant.
- - ...a very snazzy little program
- - Great little app!
- - Enjoying it at this moment...
- - Doodad is fabulous
- - You're little program is spiffy. It works great and installed without effort.
- - Cool little app, thanks
- - Great program!
- - Very cool little utility, thank you for taking the time to share it
- - It works great!!!
- - Thank you for the doodad. I really like it!
- - Thanks for the Doodad! What a great idea!
Special thanks for user feedback and bug reports from Peter
Vendlegård in Sweden, Serge Parienti in Paris, Steve Davis in
Israel, Damiano Basso in Italy, Rikk Watts in Vancouver, Orin Holland
in Portland, Dan Cornett in Pennsylvania, Candradasa Dharmachari, Kris
Jones and Corey Thompson.